Monday, 4 June 2012

Swimming Upstream

Life has been somewhat challenging of late - in a 'the teller at woolies used my credit card to gorge out dirt from under her nails' kind of way. Things are not quite making sense at the moment - but in the same way that the bank phoned me the very next day to tell me that they had a new card for me, as my card was just about to expire - we can only hope that it will all work out in the end. So while I am feeling very sentimental about the meaning of life, I will highly recommend 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' to anyone who is having a nail-cleaner-credit-card kind of week. Although the ending may be predictable, the journey is humorous, heart-breaking and inspiring.

Sometimes we have to follow our (fishing) guts, sometimes we just have to trust, sometimes we have to swim upstream. 


Credit: filmdilettante
Credit: janeaustenfilmclub

Credit: NY Times



1 comment:

  1. I loved this film. Brave little fish. If they can, so can we. It is what makes us strong I guess.

    ReplyDelete